Rajasthan surprises its tourists at its every corner; be it the majestic castles, royal palaces or the enchanting lakes. One such oasis of the deserts is the Amar Sagar Lake.
Palace on Wheels, the royal vehicle of Rajasthan takes you to this tranquil water body on day 5 of its 7 nights and 8 days trip. The train chugs into Jaisalmer early morning and the whole day is there to bask in the rustic lifestyle of the city and feel the pleasant nature around the lake.
What to do at Amar Sagar Lake?
Lying 7 kilometres outside the Jaisalmer city, this lake is a must visit because
- Next to the lake lies the great Amar Singh Palace. This gigantic royal residence is a five storied haveli built in the form of apartments. There are steps and staircases running from the haveli to the lake. The best feature of this haveli is, it is ornamented with beautiful mural paintings.
- The sky plays with colours as the sun dips into the blue waters, this moment should never be missed by a photographer.
- Another amazing aspect of the lake is the figureheads of animals carved out of stone surrounding the lake.
- The nearby garden is a spot to spend special moments with your loved ones, walking hand in hand over the dew drenched green grass.
- The beautiful marble temple located at the banks of the lake evokes devotion from the heart, still preserving the serenity and culture of the time it was built, 1704 AD.
- Several wells representing the type of lifestyle led by the people of bygone era and delicately carved Chattris, acting as memorials of Rajas and Maharajas of Rajasthan.
- Invites different kinds of birds and hence is a bird lover’s paradise.
- At the far end of the lake is a Jain temple which is distinct being made with Jaisalmeri stones.
Why Travel on Palace on Wheels
While there are many ways to reach Amar Sagar Lake, Palace on Wheels India serves the purpose best because of its regal lifestyle and unmatched hospitality.
Some of the basic amenities which you can enjoy on the train are
- 14 air conditioned coaches with attached bathrooms, which are again equipped with world class toiletries, showers and towels.
- The 2 on-board dining cars offer 5-star treatment to its guests, with lip smacking authentic Rajasthani and international dishes. Food is served on imported crockery, drinks in finely designed glasses while the ambience creates a dining mood with mahogany panels, striking chandeliers and warm, colourful lights of wall lamps.
- The lounge bar is the right place to chitchat and sip some of the best quality wines and drinks p, collected from worldwide.
- Besides a round the clock personalised attendant, the train also provides air conditioned cars with guides well versed in English to help the tourists explore Rajasthan with ease.
- The indoor games like chess, Chinese checker, cards and caroms can keep the kids happy when the train moves from one place to the other, while the well stocked library of Palace on Wheels helps the book lovers spend some blissful moments in their own world.
So, embark on a celestial journey with Palace on Wheels train to reach Amar Sagar Lake.