Startled and boggled over the recently introduced changes in the JEE Main 2019? Calm down, take a deep breath and see around, every JEE aspirant out there is!
As soon as Union education minister Prakash Javadekar announced NTA as the JEE Main exam conducting authority, everyone got the heat of the moment and a series of debate started.
Other major changes:
- JEE Main 2019 to be conducted by NTA
- The exam will be conducted completely online
- JEE Main 2019 will be twice a year in January and April 2019
- Aspirants can take either of the exams or both
- The best score of the exams will be considered for admissions
“Syllabus, question formats, language and fees for the exams would not be changed. The exams will be more secure and at par with international norms. There will be no issues of leakage and it would be more student friendly, open, scientific and a leak-proof system,” minister Javadekar said in the press conference.
How will NTA function?
- NTA will be an autonomous and self-sustained premier testing organization to conduct entrance examinations for higher educational institutions and henceforth will not have any other responsibility.
- NTA will get a one-time grant of Rs 25 crore from the govt to manage its operation in the first year after which it will sustain independently.
- NTA will locate its centers at sub-district/district level and will undertake hands-on training exercise which will help the students of rural background.
Benefits of JEE Aspirants
Now that JEE Main will be conducted online twice a year, aspirants will be getting adequate opportunity to put their learnings to test. In case, anything gets messed up in the first attempt, there is a second attempt to save your chances. The chances of wasting a whole year will be reduced considerably.
The candidates also have the option of going to the computer centers from August end to practice for the computer based exam. JEE Main will have multiple dates so the students have the options to choose dates according to their preference.
Although with the establishment of NTA, many students appearing in JEE (Main) will benefit as it will relieve CBSE from responsibility of conducting these entrance examinations. Also, a standardized difficulty level for assessing the aptitude of JEE (Main) could be focused, resulting in the growth of intelligence and problem-solving abilities of the students.
Now that you know how it is going to be, focus your attention on how your attempt should be. Good luck for JEE Main 2019!