Parking Lots- some people think they are just a place to park vehicles. But, reality is they are a value asset in a commercial real estate portfolio. Regular maintenance and sealcoating affects a variety of real estate and fiscal realities.
The well maintained parking lot is part of the aesthetic of a piece of commercial real estate, along with the building’s facility’s façade and exterior landscaping, all playing a part in the presentation.
This presentation provides a secure feeling to all visitors, prospective buyers, potential tenants as well as it current tenants about the neighborhood and the commercial property owners or managements commitment to providing a safe great facility.
Tenants appreciate the fresh appearance as a reflection on their own businesses, units or residences. This improve curb appeal brings steady renter, tenants as well as prospective buyers to the property.
Regardless of whether it’s retail, condominium or apartment. Landlords, property owners, home owner associations or management companies, this can deliver significant return on investment.
Florida based company, All Paving and Sealcoating, that has specialized in working with the most elite properties in Palm Beach, Broward, and Miami-Dade, has in recent years been called upon by many properties managers and property owners to renovate and re-gentrify their parking lots in preparation for turning the property over. All Paving and Sealcoating has establish a niche in a market because of their expertise in the overall rehabilitation and preventative paving and maintenance practices. This firm which has locations in Fort Lauderdale, Jupiter and Naples provides each prospective clients a game plan (On-Site Property Audit) to help property owners and management companies bring their property up to code tailored around their the clients time frame.
Benefits of Sealcoating-
1. Protects the existing parking lot. Sealcoating provides a protective layer against human and natural forces and elements that can damage or degrade the surface. These include rain, sand and sun, as well as motor oil, gasoline / fuel, coolant / antifreeze, chemicals, and salts used to de-ice in winter.
2. Is a protective barrier against ultraviolet rays, oxidation and the harmful drying effects of the sun.
3. Creates a barrier that inhibits intrusion by water or air. This reduces oxidation, which can further damage the asphalt parking lot and underlayment.
4. Aids driver and pedestrian navigation. Striping, done in conjunction with sealcoating, improves visibility and traffic flow. This also can help the property comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act as it relates to handicapped parking and accessibility.
5. Extends use and utility of asphalt surfaces that have not reached the end of their life.