Buying a car is a minefield task be it a brand new car or a second hand car. When buying a car, there are so many questions that one has in mind and it simply leaves the buyer confused and blank. And incase you are planning to buy a used car then the question just keep on increasing leaving you exhausted. This article is our sincere endeavour to help to take that decision.
Whenever you are planning to buy a car, always first consider the fact that how you would be using the car? Would you need a car to pick your kids from school or the number of people in the family? In such instances, it is always better to go for a four door car rather than a two door car. Incase, you would use your car to transport huge luggage or bulky items, and then make sure your car has a bigger boot space. And incase you would have people and luggage both in your car, then make sure the engine has the capacity to perform under load.
Once you have decided on the style of the car, you then move on to do some research on how that particular style car perform and what are the reviews on it. These can be done easily by joining car forums or other online sites. These sites will let you know about the common problems that users face with that particular style of cars and whether they have been rectified by the manufacturer. Even if a particular style of car has a problem, you need not reject the car. Just check if the problem has been fixed and if it has then you can consider buying the car.
Once you have the reviews, enquire regarding the price of the car. Do online checks and enquire with second hand car outlets what the average price is for a particular style car. This will help you prepare an estimate and accordingly you could adjust your budget.
Now when finally you have decided the style and budget and also checked the reviews, its time to check the internal and external conditions of the car that you are ready to buy. Follow the following car status checks to ensure you get a good used car:
- Check the tyres of the car carefully to ensure they are not worn out.
- Check all the lights such as head lights, tail lights, indicators etc
- Check the interiors of the car are not dirty or stained
- Ensure that the seats and the seat covers are intact and not torn
Ensure the engine is in a good condition and you could do this by a cold start. Usually when you cold start a car, you can easily identify any defects in the engine
Check the smoke emitted from the car and also watch out for any sludge or leaks in the car. It means the car’s engine has problems
- Ensure the doors of the car and the bonnet can be closed and opened easily without any squeaking sounds.
- Check if all the gadgets and accessories in the car are well maintained and in working condition.
- Watch out for any kind of bubbles or difference in the colour of the paints on the car. These will help you ascertain if the car has undergone a patch work after an accident or may be rusting.
- Check the mileage and also the manufacturing date of the battery.
- And finally get it checked from your mechanic and test drive it.
- Though buying a used car is a risky task, but with proper professional guidance you might land up on a good deal.
Author of this article is a content writer and has great love for automobiles. Infact he specializes in articles related to automobiles