Perfect balance is an absolute necessity for a man to do all daily activities properly. Right from the moment of getting up in the morning and standing up after leaving the bed to crossing the road, driving a car, etc. Maintaining a perfect balance is very important as in this process information travels through the inner ears after emitting out of brain and then travel to the joints and eyes and helps an individual to see clearly. Any problem in this system can cause dizziness, different kinds of balance disorder, etc. This kind of a health problem is becoming a growing health issue among all age groups. With age, the issue starts taking a serious shape. It can make life miserable during old age. If kept untreated, the problem can worsen with growing unsteadiness in the patient’s condition. The confidence level in the patient diminishes, concentration level worsens, anxiety, loss of memory, inactiveness of brain and muscles lead to high risk of falling down that can also yield injury.
Reason for Dizziness:
Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo or BPPV is one of the commonest forms of balance disorders and dizziness. Any disorder in the inner ear can result in spells of acute dizziness due to certain kinds of head movements. Work related injuries or several posture problems are among the most feasible reasons behind such health conditions. Vestibular Physiotherapy is the best weapon to combat any problem of dizziness, black outs resulted due to any spinal injury or other forms of troubles in the spinal cord. If the spinal cord of a person goes though any unnatural condition due to minor accident, bending of the individual on the front or back, lifting heavy objects, etc. Once the damage is done, it cannot be repaired without intervention of effective physiotherapy.
Any spinal cord injury, problems inflicted by that on peoples’ health, other health issues that have any direct or indirect connection with pain in any part of the bone structure, dizziness, uncontrollable vomiting, etc have the only solution in the form of vestibular physiotherapy. This form of physiotherapy is more like an exercise program for encouraging the function of central nervous system. This program resolves issues in the inner parts of the ears. After thorough examination, specialists create their own exercise regime to manage and alleviate all such health issues. The exercise and therapeutic plan includes,
- Exercises involving head and eye movements to multiple directions
- Exercises for improving walking or standing balances
- Procedures involved in repositioning fragments of the inner ear
- Advice and special education on different therapeutic activities increase confidence of the patient
- Therapists offer suggestion on fall prevention or reduction
It has been noticed that there are certain procedures that have managed to yield a significant level of success in the health improvement of the affected patients. It has been noticed that,
- At least 80% of people with the problem, unilateral vestibular loss have been benefitted from such procedures.
- Most of the BPPV patients have benefitted from just one session of therapy.
- Even patients facing such problems with a different reason like, stroke can show improvement after undergoing Vestibular Physiotherapy.
- Concussions, loss of balance, migraine are certain health conditions that can be eliminated through proper application of proper work injury Physiotherapy like, VR.
That is the reason; therapists worldwide use the different treatment procedures like, vestibular physiotherapy to eliminate problems like, dizziness, back pain, vomiting, etc.
Author’s Bio: Ramesh Bimagani is a renowned physiotherapist associated with the physiotherapy centre, Genesis Physio. His articles let you know about different types of work injury Physiotherapy like Vestibular Physiotherapy in details.