If you want to save the money and enjoy the journey from Mumbai to Delhi and vice versa, you can take a train and be there overnight in as little as sixteen hours. It is always good to explore the options you have. There are myriad of passengers, who travel by train to make sure that they have a comfortable and budget-friendly journey.
Both the cities are situated at a distance of around 1384kms. Traveling from one spot to the other is easy because of efficient rail connectivity. There are various trains that run between these two cities. On a daily basis, five trains run between Delhi and Mumbai. On a weekly basis, the number of trains reaches 10. You must not skip the Delhi to Mumbai trains timetable before you head to your destination. Check out their schedules and timings, and you might pick one for yourself!
- The foremost train that departs from Delhi and takes you to Mumbai is 04014 H Nizamuddin Pune Junction Premium. The train departs from Delhi at 00:10 AM and reaches Mumbai at 23:50 PM. The last train that departs from Delhi for Mumbai is 09004 New Delhi Mumbai Central Superfast Express. The train leaves at 23:40 PM and reaches Mumbai at 21:15 PM.
- Talking about the fastest trains, 12952 Mumbai Rajdhani is the train that is going to take you from Delhi to Mumbai at the quickest pace. The train takes sixteen hours and five minutes and departs from Delhi at 16:30. The maximum period of 32h 18m is taken by the train named Amritsar Junction Lokmanya Tilak Terminus Express 11058. It leaves from Delhi at 19:32.
- It is important for you to know that amidst all the trains that shuttle between Delhi and Mumbai, three initiates from Delhi while the rest twelve pass from Delhi. It might also interest you that there are sixty weekly trains from Delhi to Mumbai.
- The trains that start from Delhi are Mumbai Rajdhani, New Delhi Mumbai Central Superfast Express, and New Delhi Tic Ac Special. Apart from these trains like Mumbai Central Duronto, New Delhi Mumbai Central Premium, Swaraj Express passes via Delhi to reach Mumbai.
A Few Important Points for You
- Main railway station in Delhi is the New Delhi Railway Station (NDLS situated near Paharganj.
- Trains heading from Mumbai also reach Delhi at H Nizamuddin Railway Station (NZM) that is nearly 20 minutes from New Delhi Railway Station.
- Various stations in Mumbai are Borivali (BVI), Kalyan Junction (KYN), Dadar (DR), Andheri (ADH), Karjat (KJT), Vasai Road (BSR), Palghar (PLG), Dahanu Road (DRD), Panvel (PNVL), Dadar (DDR), Mumbai CST (CSTM), Virar (VR), Mumbai Central (BCT), Lokmanya Tilak Terminus (LTT), and Bandra Terminus (BDTS).
So, if you are planning to travel from Delhi to Mumbai, don’t dodge the option of railways. These trains are absolutely comfortable and reasonable. Just make sure you do the booking in advance to avoid last minute hassles as the seats get filled really quickly.