2018 has proved to be a brilliant year for Chevrolet as they have manufactured some of the best vehicles of the year in almost every segment of the automobile industry. The 2018 Chevrolet Equinox is one of the most selling units of the company in the sub-compact SUV segment.
The Equinox gives stiff competition to other vehicles like Honda CR-V and Mazda CX-5. You can visit Chevrolet dealer Porterville to have a closer look at the Chevrolet Equinox 2018 variant.
Pros and Cons of the 2018 Chevrolet Equinox
The Chevrolet Equinox has its own set of pros and cons which you should know about.
Pros – the car has a brilliant handling and suspension system, brand new design gives more of an SUV feel, the powertrain is very much fuel efficient and the cabin is spacious with ample boot space for everyone.
Cons – the infotainment system is located in an awkward angle, acceleration is pretty slow when compared to other competitors and very limited maneuvering cramped space.
What does the 2018 Chevrolet Equinox has to offer?
The Chevrolet Equinox has a lot of different features and benefits to offer to the consumers. The vehicle comes with some decent quality features and newly revised ingredients that help the vehicle to serve its customers well.
- Engine – the Equinox generally comes with the turbocharged 1.5-liter four-cylinder with 6-speed gear transmission that is capable of producing 170 HP. However, an optional turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder is much sportier and can easily produce 252-horsepower.
- Performance – the turbocharge technology seems to help the engines to perform to their maximum. The engines have a good rev and feel significantly powerful at medium to high speeds. The turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder variant is more powerful and energetic when it comes to driving. Even though the Equinox does not have the same level of athletic steering like its competitors, every ride is smooth because of refined handling.
- Fuel Economy – the 2018 Equinox offers a brilliant 42 mpg of fuel economy with the diesel variant whereas with the turbocharged 2.0-liter engine it recorded a 30 mpg of mileage in the real world.
- Interiors – the Equinox has a handsome and premium styled interior which come with brilliant boot space for every passenger. The MyLink infotainment system is a brilliant addition to the cabin that will keep you entertained. The seats are comfortable but the cargo space can be a problem.
- Safety and Assistance – automated emergency braking, lane-keeping assist, and the automatic high-beam headlamps are some of the safety features that have been integrated into the vehicle.
Final Verdict – available in four different variants – L: $24,995, LS: $26,995, LT: $28,295 and Premier: $32,195, the 2018 Chevrolet Equinox surely has a lot of different features to offer to its users.
The vehicle promises a strong real-world performance, decent fuel economy, fun interiors and a new sportier look for the money you pay for. Porterville Chevy dealer has the 2018 Chevrolet Equinox on display and you can visit them any time.