This article aims at enlightening readers on tips to help them remain healthy during their trips helping them make the best out of it.
It would be no trip if you got to your travel destination and fell sick .As much as you are optimistic and thinking of all the joy that will come with your trip, it’s would be wise that you also include a plan for your health.
· Most holidays are during the summer season when the sun is usually very strong.
· It will be good if you consider packing enough sunscreen products to protect your delicate skin from the strong ultra violet rays that could cause skin cancer.
· You can also pack some hats to wear when the sun is strong.
· This way you will protect your skin from sunburns and damages.
· Remember to carry some sunglasses with you too.
Consult with your Doctor
· Before you go for a trip, it’s a good idea to visit your doctor and get the necessary advice regarding your holiday destinations. Your doctor is in a good position to know whether there are any vaccines that you should take before you leave.
· Be careful not to forget packing your medicine that you have been taking before the trip.
· While in your destination ensure that you always have them for convenience purposes.
· It’s good that you also pack your over the counter medications like pain killers.
· This will ensure that headaches that may come frequently don’t spoil the fun that you should have.
· Be sure to always apply bug repellants especially if you are visiting the parks.
· In some seasons bugs of all kinds are always a nuisance.
· When you apply these repellants you are also sure of keeping malaria at bay.
Sexually Transmitted Diseases
· While on a trip it’s very easy to find yourself in unintended sexual affairs probably due to alcohol influence and all the excitement.
· It’s good that you be responsible and always carry some condoms with you regardless of your gender.
· This will help prevent you from sexually transmitted diseases like HIV/AIDS which could ruin your entire life.
· Ensure that you only engage in responsible drinking and sex too to avoid regrets.
· Make a list of all the foods that you are allergic to so as to ensure that you don’t eat them anywhere especially in the hotels that you will put up.
· Although the temptation to taste new foods will be high, you have to avoid eating carelessly especially if you are a person with so many food allergies.
· For those who are allergic to some products like soaps should ensure that they pack enough essentials before they leave their homes.
· They should avoid using soaps and lotions that they find in their hotel rooms.
Safe Drinking Water
· You should ensure that you carry enough clean drinking water preferably from your home.
· The water offered especially for brushing in the bathrooms is not safe for drinking and could cause you stomach upsets and diarrhea.
· This would be so much of a bother while on a trip.
Kids and Senior Citizens
· If you are going along with a kid or a senior citizen, you should be careful that they don’t spend so much time in the water and also ensure that what they eat is given some special attention
If you destination is within Europe, having a European health card plan will do you good if you are well informed of what it covers and what it doesn’t cover.