Basketball is a famous sport, which has grown a large level of popularity in the United States. NBA is perhaps one of the oldest names in the game of basketball, and this has seen some of the hallmark feats by teams, across its timeline. According to Bob Mims CPA, the popularity of this game has seen an immense growth since the year 1946 among its fans for being such a compact basketball league and the teams represents different cities in the country of United States.
Bob Mims CPA explains some of the remarkable feats and events in Basketball along all these years.
- Pacers-Piston controversy: This is arguably one of the most famous altercations in the history of the sport, in between players and spectators. The sports association fined a massive 11 million USD a piece and ensured to have the unruly fans were arrested and were later subjected to criminal charges.
- Initially, two teams comprising of 9 players were a part of a basketball match. After a series of changes, the players were later set to 5 by the authority.
- Since the game involves a lot of demonstration of physical strengths, Latrell Sprewell in the year 1997 has a physical brush with Coach P.J. Carlesimo. This eventually led of the player being suspended for a mammoth 68 games.
- Back from 1891 to 1950s, players used to rub coal particulates on their hands, to get a better grip off the ball.
- Dribbling was never a part of the game. It was popularized in the modern games, which allows the game to be more challenging and innovative gameplay.
- During the middle of 70s, NBL and Basketball Association of America were merged to form NBA.
- Ron Artest of Indiana Pacers has received the longest suspension in the history of the game and was suspended for a record 73 games, including 13 playoff games. In the end, he lost a massive 7 million USD from his salary.
- For the record, a warm basketball can bounce more than that of the cold ball. This will ensure higher reach and higher speed.
- The record for the most number of consecutive losses are held by the Cleveland Cavaliers, in the season 2010-11, where they lost 26 consecutive matches in a row.
- The oldest team franchise is the Sacramento Kings, which was established in 1923 and followed by Detroit Pistons, which was founded on 1941.
- The highest number of crowd footfall for a NBA match was featured at the Cowboys Stadium, where over 108,713 people attendance was recorded.
- Up until 1923, the basketball teams were able to choose their best players to hit a free throw over a foul, which might have been scored by the opposing team.
- Women’s basketball was added in the 76’ Olympic game after recommendation from the council.
Basketball has amassed the popularity in USA, no other sports could think. People of all age groups are fans of NBA, for its franchisee team based on a city. Bob Mims CPA thus feels the scope of million records in the near future of the game.